This online course takes users through the inner workings of an Occupational Health and Safety trial. Each of the four modules demonstrates how errors made on the frontline can transform into an accident and where the chain of accountability leads.
An incident is examined through the use of dramatization and narration with commentary by legal experts. This distinctive approach reveals the many different perspectives of those affected by a workplace accident.
Participants will have access to supplemental reading materials and will be required to complete comprehension testing at the end of each module.
The AFTERMATH of a workplace accident is now available for purchase online.
For bulk purchases over 10 units please contact our administration department firstname.lastname@example.org.
MODULE I - THE FOUNDATION
- Introduction of the Case Study.
- The Importance of a Health and Safety Management System.
- Foundational Principles of Workplace Safety.
MODULE II - HAZARD IDENTIFICATION
- Communication of Safe Work Procedures.
- Hazard Identification Process.
- Safety Meetings.
- Changes in Work Process.
- Dangers of Mixed Messages.
MODULE III - THE ACCIDENT
- Working Alone.
- Imperfect Implementation.
- Dramatization of Accident.
- Responding to a Workplace Accident.
- Accident Investigation.
- Interview of Witnesses.
MODULE IV - THE TRIAL
- Service of the Summons.
- Defence of Due Diligence.
- Courtroom Procedure.
- Commentary by Legal Experts.